As you lie on the massage table under crisp, fresh linens, heat from the table warmer soothes your overstressed muscles as soft music beckons you into the moment. The session begins and the problems of the world fade away. Sweet relief fills you and all you know right now is that you don’t want this moment to ever end.
But what if that 60 or 90 minutes of massage did more for you than just melt away the stresses and pressures of the day? What if that gentle massage and bodywork helped you recover from a strained muscle in half the time? What if massage and bodywork also enhanced your sleep, digestion and mood? What if these weren't just "what ifs"?
The Benefits of Massage:
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and holistic approach based on the body's natural ability to heal itself. So what exactly are the benefits to receiving regular massage and/or bodywork treatments?
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles and reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility and range-of-motion, while decreasing stiffness and pain.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins - the body's natural painkiller - and interrupts the pain-spasm-pain cycle
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Decreases depression and anxiety.
Contact me today and learn how I can assist you in achieving your holistic health goals. I look forward to working with you!